So you have had a lovely evening. There’s been food, plenty of alcohol, music and lots of laughs. And then someone utters though fateful words.
‘How about a game of Truth or Dare?’.
Cue a mix of rampant cheers and awkward silence.
The suggestion to play Truth or Dare is one that can illicit polar opposite reactions. For some it will be an excellent idea they’ve been hankering all night for, whilst for others they will be cringing with fear.
And that is exactly of the point of the game!
When you have had a few drinks with your friends ‘Truth or Dare’ can be a very fun game. But only if played correctly.
Noone wants to know what your favourite colour is. Or see you vomit after being made to consume a disgusting concoction of different liquids.
Instead they want to see you squirm, as you weigh up the pros and cons of answering a question truthfully. Or subjecting yourself to the potential humiliation of a dare.
To ensure your game is as fun as it can be, the questions you ask are crucially important. In this respect, it’s definitely a case of the more awkward they are the better.
So with that in mind, next time you have the opportunity to play Truth or Dare, here are 10 awkward questions you simply have to ask!
The Rules to ‘Truth or Dare’ are pretty simple.
Sit everyone in your group around in a circle and ensure they all have a drink in front of them. Assign someone as the ‘Truth or Dare’ question master, and then take it in turns to spin an empty beer or wine bottle, until it points to someone.
Whoever it points to then has to make a choice. They can either answer a question truthfully or do some kind of a dare.
Once they have made their choice, the question master will thenask them the question, or challenge them with a dare.
If they refuse to do it they will have to do a forfeit. Whichusually involving drinking two fingers of alcohol, or removing an item of clothing.
If they answer the question truthfully, or attempt to do the dare,then things could get weird, funny, shocking or awkward, or even all four!
15 Awkward Truth Questions
1. Where is the strangest place you’ve had sex?
2. What is something you’re happy your parents don’t know about you?
3. What is your wildest fantasy or fetish?
4. What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done that you are most ashamed of?
5. As an adult have you ever shit your pants?
6. What is the weirdest thing you have done for a boyfriend or girlfriend?
7. What have you done that most people here would be shocked about you doing?
8. When was the most embarrassing and inappropriate time you farted loudly?
9. What would be the first thing you would do if you woke up as a member of the opposite sex?
10. Which person do you regret kissing the most?
11. What is the most embarrassed you have ever been in your life?
12. What is the biggest thing you have gotten away with?
13. What is a secret you’ve never told anyone before?
14. What is the naughtiest thing you’ve done in public?
15. What are your top three turn-ons?
Awkward Dare Questions
1. Let the rest of the group all DM someone different from your Twitter or Instagram account.
2. Twerk for a full minute without stopping.
3. Drop something in the toilet and then reach in to get it.
4. Dance with no music for one minute.
5. Give a 30 second lap dance to someone here of your choice.
6. Let someone here tickle you for 10 seconds and try not to laugh.
7. Let the group look through all photos in your phone for one minute.
8. Stick your arm into the rubbish bin all the way past your elbow.
9. Pick two people here to give you a wet willy at the same time.
10. Call the 5th contact on your phone and sing a song of the group’s choice for 30 seconds, without talking to them.
11. Let the person to your right draw an image, on your face,with a pen.
12. Fake an orgasm for 10 seconds.
13. After the group decides upon a rude word, sing a song of your choice and insert that rude word once into every line of the song.
14. Show us the most embarrassing photo on your phone, and then post it on any one of your social media accounts.
15. Switch your clothes with a member of the opposite sex in the group for two whole rounds.
Truth or Dare Question Tips
Whilst the temptation to ask the most sexually probing questions you can think of might be great, that is not always the best thing to do.
The game won’t really work if some members of the party are uncomfortable with the questions, to the point that they might consider leaving the party and going home.
Of course, if you sense mass enthusiasm for these types of questions then that is a completely different matter entirely. In such case you can be as risqué as you like!
As a general rule, however, the questions and dares must havethe potential to be equally embarrassing for both men and women.
They also need to take in to account their personal experiences and feelings.
For instance, if someone has recently been cheated on, or dumped by their partner, or if they have a major fall out with a previous best friend, don’t re-open or widen wounds for them,for the sake of a cheap laugh.
Finally, always remember this game is about fun. So don’t ask anyone a question, or to do a dare, if you aren’t prepared to answer, or do it yourself.