In recent times virtual happy hours have really taken off.
What better way to stay connected with friends, co-workers or people that share a common interest, but live far away from each other?
If you are thinking of hosting your own virtual happy hour you are going to need a few things.
Obviously, you will have to determine which platform you are going to use, with Zoom and Google Meet being popular choices. Also, of course, you are going to need to invite people to take part.
But once you have got that sorted, then comes the difficult part. Kicking the proceedings off!
The best way to do that is by asking a great introductory question or set of questions and that is where we come in!
Outlined below is a list of 62 Virtual Happy Hour questions to spark an engaging conversation. Ask any of these and you are sure to ignite a healthy concourse!
Great icebreaker questions for your Virtual Happy Hour
The questions outlined below are all great things to ask straight off the bat. They should make people relaxed and therefore speak more freely.
1) Which film have you watched the most amount of times?
2) Is anyone here good at doing celebrity impressions?
3) What is your favourite food to eat at a tailgate party?
4) Which website do you visit the most?
5) What is the funniest joke you have ever heard?
6) Share with us your favourite meme or GIF?
7) Have you ever had a complete shocker in an interview?
8) You are cooking a romantic meal for a first date. What will you make?
9) What song is guaranteed to get you up on the dance floor?
10) What was the last dream you had that you remember?
11) If you were in the Hunger Games how well would you do?
12) You get the chance to pitch to the investors on ‘Shark Tank’. What idea would you pitch to them?
13) Is there an app on your phone you think everyone should use?
14) What is your spirit animal?
15) If you could own any car in the world which one would it be?
16) If you could go on any TV game show which one would it be and why?
17) What and where is your favourite restaurant?
18) What are your favourite song lyrics and why do they mean so much to you?
19) Have you ever liked or followed something before it hit mass popularity?
20) What is your favourite Netflix show?
21) What book are you currently reading?
22) Did you have a nickname as a child?
23) Which 5 celebrities would you invite to dinner?
24) Which famous person have you been told you most resemble?
25) Apart from a house or car, what is the most expensive thing you have ever bought?
26) Have you ever been on TV?
27) When you go out to a bar, what is your favourite drink to buy?
28) What is your biggest pet peeve?
29) Where was the last place you went on holiday?
30) What is your life motto?
31) Tell us something about yourself that may surprise other people?
Virtual Happy Hour Discussion Questions
Want some killer questions that will start an ongoing discussion? Then how about these?
32) What life advice do you have for the people here?
33) Which companies do you strongly support or oppose?
34) Is there a fad you can’t wait to see the back of?
35) If you had a time machine what era would you go back or forward to?
36) Who is your favourite fictional villain and why?
37) What is your favourite activity to go out and do that does not require spending any money?
38) What is the most valuable thing you have ever learnt from a work mentor?
39) How many hours of TV a day, if any do you think children should be allowed to watch TV for?
40) Do you believe in either aliens or ghosts?
41) What is your most unpopular opinion?
42) How do you envisage your life to be in the next 5 years?
43) What is one thing you regularly do to maintain a healthy work/lifestyle balance?
44) What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done at work?
45) What is something that always puts you in a good mood?
46) What was the last thing you argued about on social media and which platform was it on?
47) Which book has made the biggest impression on the way you view business or the world?
48) If you had the power to pass any law, what would it be?
49) What is something you are most passionate about?
50) What is your dream holiday destination and why?
51) What is something you are most looking forward to this year?
52) Pineapple on a pizza? Yes or no?
53) Which man and woman inspire you the most and why?
54) Which charitable cause do you support the most and why?
55) What would be the title of your autobiography?
56) What are your views on working from home now that Covid restrictions have been lifted?
57) What is one podcast series everyone should listen to and why?
58) What is the worst fashion trend you followed when you were younger?
59) Name three things you want to accomplish before you die?
60) What has been the best invention of all time?
61) If you could invent anything, what would it be?
62) What would be the one superpower you would love to have?
So there you have it!
Our list of 62 Virtual Happy Hour questions to spark an engaging conversation.
We hope this list of questions will kickstart your next virtual happy hour in a thriving, lively and fun event.
If it does, then you, and all your guests, will certainly be in for a lovely time.