These days we spend lots of time on our devices.
Whether it be on our phones, laptops, X-Box or in front of the TV, the average Aussies spend quite a few hours every day glued to a screen of some sort.
Doing so exposes us to blue light, a high energy light frequency that can affect our vision, and the overall health of our eyes if we don’t protect them.
One of the best ways to do that is through one of the many brands of blue light glasses that have been developed to reduce this threat to our eyes.
In this article, we will evaluate 8 of the best blue light blocking glasses you can buy in Australia right now.
So if you are keen to find out more about how you can protect your eyes, please have a look at the brands below.
How we chose our selection of the best blue light glasses
Below is a selection of some of the factors we took into account when compiling this list of the best blue light glasses you can buy right now in Australia.
Comfort: The level of comfort whilst wearing them was a huge consideration. After all who wants to wear a pair of blue light glasses that don’t sit or feel right? When evaluating ‘comfort’ we took into account things like what the frame was made with and whether the nose pads fit securely and snugly.
Value: How much the glasses cost was another major factor because this list tries to focus on quality. While there are some glasses on this list that sit at the cheaper end of the scale, we have looked at value for money when determining whether a brand should feature on this list.
Returns Policy: All of the blue light glasses on this list have a solid returns policy. Which should give you peace of mind when buying it.
Quality: The quality of the product was probably the most important single factor when determining this list. The purpose of these glasses is to specifically block out blue light, so obviously they need to be able to do this. Where possible we tried to include glasses that were made in an optical lab.
Accessories: The range of accessories the glasses came with or could come with, was a minor consideration. Not least if it had a protective case or a lens care.
Reviews: Genuine reviews are always a decent indication of how good the general public perceives a product to be. All of the brands that feature on this list have received a number of very good reviews.
8 best blue light blocking glasses in Australia
Bjorn Blue is a well-established manufacturer of blue light glasses who are based in Brisbane.
Offering a range of very stylish frames that have been made in an optical lab for men, women and children, they also make a selection of gaming glasses too. So they have something for everyone available in their portfolio.
For the quality of products they produce, the prices this online company offers represent excellent value for money,
– Top quality blue blockers constructed in an optical lab.
– Probably the best glasses you can buy online in Australia.
– Boasts high quality, anti-reflective UV 400 coating which is included for free
– Company has over 40 years of experience in the Australian optics industry
– Range includes a wide selection of shapes and styles
– Also has a selection of blue light blockers for kids
– The frames only come in one size
Have trouble sleeping at night? Then TIJN Glasses may well be the right option for you.
Through a unique lens which has been constructed with ultimate eye protection, the company proclaims that if you wear their glasses, you will get a better night’s sleep.
– Glasses are attractive and come in several styles
– Prices are very affordable, starting from only $32
– For its price, it is debatable if its UV 400 protection is good enough for prolonged outdoor use
– Glasses do not have polarisation
– Only come in one size
– Does not come with a case or any other accessories
– Questionable as to whether the blue blocker is effective
Want an affordable pair of blue light glasses for children, then the Optix 55 is a decent choice.
Lying at the cheaper end of the scale, you will just need to be mindful of how effective they are.
– Made for children
– Very Lightweight
– Frames have been designed to bend without actually breaking
– Very cost effective, with pairs of glasses starting from $30.
– Every purchase comes with a case
– The degree to which these glasses protect from vision fatigue, dry eyes and eye strain is questionable
– Effectiveness of the glare reduction sensors is unconfirmed
– Very few colours to pick from
MEETSUN Blue Light Blocking Glasses
Want a pair of glasses that will not only block out blue light but also effectively prevent digital
Then the MEETSUN Blue Light Blocking Glasses could be the brand for you.
Despite their very cheap price they claim to protect against UV400, which is great for those who spend a lot of time outdoors.
– Starting from $23 they are very affordable
– Can be purchased with magnification
– Good to wear outside on account of its UV400 protection
– Has a shock and dust-free lens
– With no option to add an optical script it is questionable if they are made in an optical lab
– The glasses only come in one size
– Does not come with any accessories
– Design is quite basic and ugly
– Claims might be 100% accurate if the glasses are not made in a lab
Swanwick Blue Light Blockers
They might not be the prettiest in terms of look, but the Swanwick Blue Light Blockers claim to be designed predominantly for gaming.
According to the manufacturer, these glasses help to fix the regulate circadian rhythm by blocking the blue light. So you will be able to sleep much better after a prolonged session of gaming or computer work.
– Claims to be successful in reducing digital eye strain and headaches
– Does not confirm that the glasses are made in a professional optical lab
– Comes with a money-back guarantee
– The glasses sit at the more expensive end of the range
– Some buyers claim that these glasses can be askew
– Designs are not the most aesthetically pleasing.
Cyxus Blue Light Filter Computer Glasses
If you have been experiencing headaches over a prolonged period of time these glasses are a decent option for you.
Claiming to use a blue light blocking lens which can significantly reduce the risks of headaches, these Cyxus blue light filter glasses are relatively inexpensive too.
– Starting from $30 they are quite affordable for most people
– There are lots of different colours to choose from
– At 3.2 oz the glasses are very lightweight
– Comes with a case and cleaning towel
– Has a money back guarantee and a lifetime warranty
– Features nose pads which have been inserted for comfort
– Claims to reduce blurred vision and eye strain
– Also claims to block blue light and protect UV400
– Given their cheap cost, the degree to which they block blue light, reduce eye strain and protect against UV400 is questionable.
– Does not confirm if the glasses were made in an optical lab or a factory
– A common complaint is that the glasses only come in one size
LifeArt Blue Light Blocking Glasses
According to the manufacturer, if you purchase a pair of LifeArt Blue Light Blocking Glasses you should not suffer from dry or sore eyes.
You should also sleep better too as they use special anti-glare lenses which help reduce digital eye strain over a prolonged period of time.
– Does have magnifying options available for those who may require additional help
– At 3.52 oz the frame is very lightweight
– Glasses are very affordable, starting from just $30 a pair
– Has an anti-scratch coating
– As you are unable to put in an optical script it is unlikely to have been made in an optical lab
– Only comes in one size
– Frames are rather ugly and have limited designs
– The degree to which it reduces eye strain and affords a better sleep is questionable considering its low price
VISU Blue Light Blocking Glasses
The VISU Blue Light Blocking Glasses are another brand which claims to reduce eye fatigue and provide blue light protection.
– Priced very cheaply
– As it is constructed with TR90 it is very flexible and durable
– Comes with a handy carry case and microfiber cleaning cloth
– All purchases have a 30-day money-back guarantee
– Their claim of UV 400 protection is questionable
– Given the price, they are unlikely to be made in an optical lab
– The quality of their anti-reflective lens is up for debate
– Only comes in one size
When made properly, blue light glasses are a very good way to reduce the potentially harmful effects of artificial blue lights from affecting your eyes.
Afflictions like headaches, lack of sleep and eye strain can all be reduced by wearing a decent pair of blue light blocking glasses.
If you buy any of the brands of glasses you can rest assured that you will be getting a decent pair that will, at the very least, offer you a good level of protection.